Keep it Fresh
Keep it Fresh will stop WordPress from showing posts older than a set number of days or a specific date. It is configurable via the WordPress administration area. Keep it Fresh doesn’t remove old posts, nor does it muck with their
post_status; rather, Keep it Fresh uses the
posts_where WordPress filter to filter out posts older than the given date or amount of days whenever WordPress requests posts outside of the admin area.
- Upload the
keepitfreshfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Setup Keep it Fresh as you please via the Keep it Fresh options page under Settings in the WordPress admin area
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Keep it Fresh hide my old events?
- Keep it Fresh adds a date filter on the posts query each time WordPress requests posts to display (except when in the admin area).
get_postsstill returns old posts. What do I do?
get_postsfunction will suppress the filters that Keep it Fresh uses to hide old posts by default. To avoid this behavior, pass an array to
get_postswith the key
suppress_filtersset to false. For example:
- I love Keep it Fresh, but I’d like it to do <blank>.
- Great, I’m glad to hear feature requests. Just post a comment on the plugin’s homepage.
- Initial release